Tuesday, April 14, 2009

*Gasp!* What was that?

The one thing I hate about being home alone…nobody is there to protect me! I hate it, but I always get freaked out by every little noise when I’m home by myself. I think that’s why I always tend to stay up later than I normally would. If I’m awake I won’t have to worry about someone breaking into my house to kill me in my sleep!! I was FINALLY able to get to bed about 11:45pm last night, but I swore I kept hearing strange noises so I wasn’t letting myself fall asleep. After 10min. of just laying there listening, I decided I needed to have the dogs sleep with me and keep me company. They were only slightly confused since they had already been sleeping in their crates for a good hour at least. Cocoa got right up and followed me back to our room. Oddly enough, Major didn’t want to get up…the one who keeps complaining about being in his crate in the middle of the night. But he finally got up and came in there with me and Cocoa. I know I’m completely confusing them because lately I’ve been trying to not let them up on the bed so they quit getting our comforter all dirty, but I just needed some company to fall asleep and they were happy to oblige. Cocoa sprawled out at the foot of the bed and Major snuggled up next to me. Just what I needed to get a nice night’s sleep. I don’t think I’d be able to do this whole home alone thing if we didn’t have the dogs. They’re such good company.



1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm the exact same way!! Thank goodness for our puppies!