Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's Thursday!

Yes, this will be a completely random post this morning.

Our chiller at work broke (again) last night. I’m hot. They said they hooked up the one for our other building, but I’m sure not feeling the air yet. Who can work when you’re sweating at your desk??

I had a wonderful dinner over at Tony and Val’s last night. Delicious chicken fried steak, mashed taters, and corn. I definitely think she should have her great hubby post the recipe. *hint hint* :o)

I did watch Twilight last night when I got home. I’m very conflicted on whether I liked it or not. The whole movie seemed a little disconnected to me. But I have already read the book so I know it’s supposed to flow. I did not like the fact that some things did not match up quite right. Lines said in one place in the movie, yet same lines said somewhere completely different in the book. Facts in the movie that did not match facts in the book. They seemed to draw out scenes that could have been much shorter, and cut scenes short that really needed more time. Additional scenes added that were not in the book, that I thought they didn’t need. I mean, if I had my way, the movie would be exactly like the book…but I know that would have made the movie like 4 hours long, I’m sure! Eh, I would watch it. I’m a nerd like that. Really, all the movie did was make just want to re-read the book. :o) That said, I will watch the rest of the movies of the saga as they come out, just like I will read the next three books. Maybe even starting book #2 tonight. I had borrowed the first book, but I’m thinking I might just go out and buy all 4 myself since I already know that I’ll want to re-read them all time and time again so I might as well just own them. I mean, (at least the first book) reading this story made me feel like I was in this fantasy world, but yet it had all the emotion of reality…I don’t know, maybe I just can’t even put it into words to accurately describe what it was like for me. I just know that I loved it and would read it again. Have you guys read the book? Watched the movie? What were your thoughts?

My husband finally comes home in 2 ½ days! I can. not. wait! I really miss him. I miss being able to talk to him for lengths longer than about 5min. once a day. Stupid Africa and bad cell service. :o( I miss having someone to curl up next to when I wake up cold in the middle of the night. And no, the dog doesn’t count! Really, I think the only thing I don’t miss is all the additional laundry! :o)

Hmm…I wish I could think of anything else to write about so that I can put off working for longer. It seriously is 77 degrees at my desk right now. Yes, I have a thermometer at my desk. It’s kind of a running joke here that it’s cold in the winter (I have worn gloves at my desk…) and hot in the summer (I had to buy my own personal desk fan)…inside the building! So I have a magnetic thermometer attached to my desk and it is currently reading 77 miserable degrees. YUCK.

No comments: