Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So Very Careless...

If you read my last post you will notice that I said that one thing that makes me happy is passion. Now, this is actually a very recent discovery that passion makes me happy. Well, maybe I’ve always been a sucker for the passionate love stories and what not, but it’s at least recently been reignited. I owe this re-ignation to the Twilight series books. Silly, I know, but it’s so very true. Those books are nothing if not passionate. My heart flutters just thinking about it! I was a little skeptical when my friend said that the books did wonders for her and her husband’s sex life. These are young adult books, mind you. They wouldn’t be chock full of romance scenes and such like the romance novels I’ve read before, right? Well, yes, they aren’t. But they don’t have to be! It’s things like this: “Why am I covered in feathers?” “I bit a pillow. Or two.” Wow. See? Passion…enough to have to bite a pillow. **sigh** As I was finding all this out, reading the books, I was very sad that my husband didn’t come home from his business trip until I was well into book #3. But I was sure excited when he got home!! I’ve had passion building up inside me for 2 ½ books already! Let me tell you, that gives all the makings for being very careless. Not that we have to deal with being very careful in the first place (since I’m pretty hormonally challenged 10 out of the 12 months every year), but still. When you’ve got Husband, who’s been out of the country for two weeks straight, and me who’s been reading these emotionally charged books…come on! Who’s going to stop and think about being “careful”?? Which, of course, just fuels the passionate fire. **sigh**

4 comments:

Together We Save said...

My daughter loved the Twilight series. It was recmoned by one of my friends. I hope it is not to steamy.

Julie said...

Oh no, definitely not steamy. More of just me knowing what could have happened to make it steamy in my head. Being a married woman and all I jump to my own conclusions. :o)

Misty said...

Haha, well Julie, good luck with everything. I have many friends who are mommies now due to being passionate with their hubbies ;) haha.

Matthew and Bailey Walkup said...

Woohoo! Yeah for passion!