Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Progress Report Tuesday

It’s Tuesday again so it’s time for another progress report! My “official” weigh-in this morning (as official as my bathroom scale can get) showed a loss of…wait for it…2.4 lbs!! That’s the same amount in 1 week as the first two weeks put together! Wow! I think it might be hard to keep up with though. I didn’t eat much yesterday (as I didn’t feel real good last night) so that might have played a role in the big loss number. But I will try my absolute hardest to still show another loss next Tuesday.

My exercise was minimal last week. Walked the dogs Monday, workout class Tuesday, nothing Wednesday (I don’t think…), short dog walk Thursday after Bunco, nothing Friday-Sunday and then I didn’t feel good last night so I did not walk the dogs like I had originally planned. I did a lot of cleaning last week though, does that count?

Diet-wise, I was over my total max points again for the week (crazy I still lost again…). My max was 213.5 including my activity points and I ended the week with 220. So not too bad, a little better than last week, I think. But I think I’m starting to really see what I can and cannot get away with eating. I have cut out a lot of carbs, I think. Besides the remaining bit of Easter candy I have, though it’s all dark chocolate or sugar free chocolate, so it’s a little bit better. Like I mentioned before, I’m trying to not eat carbs after 3pm, which I’ve been doing pretty well. I’m definitely eating A LOT fewer than I was. We’d have some type of carb for dinner every night and carbs were my main snacks at work. Now dinners are more proteins and veggies and snacks are more yogurt, fruit, veggies, and beef jerky. I REALLY REALLY REALLY think I am losing weight like I am because I’m eating fewer carbs. I am definitely noticing a difference. I’ve suffered from hypoglycemia my entire life and now that I’m not eating so many simple sugars, I haven’t had an issue with it in weeks, and I’ve even been going longer between meals. Crazy what effects a simple little change can bring on! :o)

Now that I’m actually losing weight and I’ve been taking this weight training class for a couple months now, I am really starting to see changes in my appearance. Some of my clothes are starting to fit better (though not ALL). I’m starting to get my confidence back. It’s really a great feeling! But it sure is motivation to keep it up, keep it up, keep it up!!

No comments: