Monday, April 6, 2009

Proud of myself!

I am definitely proud of myself today.  I brought cookies to work today for a co-workers birthday, and I only had 1!  AND that 1 replaced my snack I was planning on having already.  Go me!

Not that I haven’t been extremely tempted.  But I refrained.  I started this new thing this week, trying to not eat carbs after 3pm.  It was part of a diet program my mom had from her boot camp instructor.  Talks about how no carbs late in the day will help your body use your fat for fuel instead.  Makes sense to me…can’t hurt to try!  So, since I didn’t get to eat my orange before 3pm, I’ll have to save it until tomorrow.  It was a little difficult coming up with a menu for the week not being able to have carbs at dinner though.  But I think I did pretty good:

Sunday – roast with steamed carrots

Monday – pork chops, black eyed peas, and cabbage

Tuesday – grilled chicken Caesar salad

Wednesday – steak with broccoli and cheese sauce

Thursday – taco soup

Friday – leftovers!

We might be going out to dinner tomorrow night (or some other night this week) for my dad’s birthday, so I might have to get creative with that meal.  One of the other rules was to let yourself have a free day.  It will actually help your metabolism if you’re not continuously on a restrictive plan.  That day this week will be Saturday.  We are planning on going down to the beach for my sister-in-laws birthday so we will definitely be making a stop at Café Michael Burger!

I hope to find some new WW blogs to follow to get more ideas on meals and snacks.  We were outside ALL weekend this weekend, so I didn’t really get on the computer at all to look yet.  If you know of any, send them my way!

No comments: