Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can I do Body Problem of the Week??

Because this week would most definitely be ECZEMA!  I don’t know what the deal is with this stupid eczema on my face recently.  Okay, back up.  I had never ever had eczema until my freshman year of college when I got it on my arms.  Then it went away for a few years only to creep back on about 2 years ago.  Since then I’ve been seeing my dermatologist at least once a year for it.  I had some steroid cream that cleared it right up.  Then I tried out this new Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion which has worked WONDERS so I haven’t had to use my steroid cream on my arms in months.  However, it seems that as soon as it disappeared off my arms, it just moved to my face!  Yeah, real sexy with these blotchy, flaky, patches of skin.  Errg.  Well, the dermatologist said I could use the steroid cream on my face, but only sparingly since that’s not what it’s really supposed to be for.  So every so often, I’ll use it for a few days on the couple areas that need it until it goes away.  I’ve tried the Cetaphil on my face, but it’s really too thick a lotion for the face.  Makes my pores feel all clogged up and being acne prone, they definitely can’t stand that.  But for the most part I’ve kept it pretty at bay.  Until this week.  It has gotten out of control!  And I’ve been using the cream for a couple days now and it doesn’t seem to be helping as much as I would like it to.  Errgg…again.  I’m guessing it’s from the new makeup I bought last weekend.  It’s the Dream Liquid Makeup…by Maybelline, maybe, I don’t remember…whoever makes the Dream Matte Mousse.  I really like the makeup…for being liquid it works well with my large pores and oily skin.  But sadly, I think it is irritating the eczema.  I bought the new makeup because I was almost out of my Bare Minerals, but didn’t really feel like spending $30 to buy some more.  Guess I’ll have to now.  Even though my skin feels more oily with that makeup.  Maybe I could try a different (less expensive) mineral makeup.  Any recommendations??  Does this warrant ANOTHER trip to the dermatologist (would be the 4th time since October) just to find out what makeup I can or can’t use??  Maybe I’ll try to remember to google eczema and makeup when I get home…

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Bailey got me hooked on Physican's Formula - you can find it pretty much anywhere. It's talc free and I really like it. It doesn't make my face as oily as bare minerals does. I really like it. I bought it ... last fall and I haven't even used half of it - so the $10 was definitely worth it! I have those bumps on my face (that I also have on my arms) and it doesn't seem to irritate those (i.e. make them more red). For $10 it's worth a shot right?