Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Twilight phenom

Surely there isn’t a single person out there that has not at least heard of Twilight. A few months ago, I knew it was a movie that had come out, though I had no idea what it was about. I first found out it was a book series from my trainer at the gym. She went and saw the movie before she knew about the books. After she saw the movie she started reading the books and was telling me great they were. Since then I have had a few different friends also tell me how much they love these books and I definitely need to read them. Well, I do love a good story, so one friend had bought the books and loaned me the first one to start reading. I read about 30 pages on Sunday night. I didn’t get real far into it. Then last night, since I wasn’t feeling well, I thought it would be a great night to read some more. Well, let me tell you that “some more” turned into 5 hours later I had read over 250 pages!! What an awesome story!! One of those books you really get into…get completely lost in the story. I didn’t want to put it down. I probably only read until 12:45am because I was waiting for John to call to say he made it to Africa, but I probably could have read all night, it was that good. I had to force myself not to bring it to work today to read during lunch. I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop after just 30 minutes! I’m about halfway through the first book and cannot WAIT to read the rest! One friend, I won’t mention names, said this was a perfect time to start reading the series since John gets back this weekend. I should be to the 2nd or 3rd book by then and apparently books 3 and 4 have done wonders for said friend’s sex life. :o) After what I’ve read so far, I can only imagine how much more intense it can get! SOOOO good! So, if you have wondered about reading this series, do it! I haven’t watched the movie yet, but probably will after I finish this first book. Though I really don’t see how movie actors could even begin to convey the intense emotion and passion that you get from reading the book. It’s a very powerful story. And that’s only after reading just 285 pages.

On completely unrelated news, John called this morning from Angola. They have made it to their hotel safe and sound. He actually has a view of the beach from his room and he said it’s a really nice view. He sent me a postcard from the airport in South Africa when they were passing through there so we’ll see how long it takes to get here. Okay, off to work for me now…much to do!

1 comment:

Elizabeth D. said...

I have to say this is one of those instances where the book outshines the movie (isn't that always the case?)! I've only read the first book so far (too many books on my nightstand), but I did really enjoy it too!